Hundley Castle, the Gordon Stronghold, H3704
In 1314, Robert the Bruce granted the Strathbogie estate to Sir Adam Gordon of Huntly for being a loyal supporter. By 1445, Alexander, 2nd Lord Gordon was created Earl of Huntly and began the palace by 1450. The 4th Earl, George Gordon, “Cock o’ the North,” extensively remodeled the castle in the 1550’s. His grandson, the 6th Earl, greatly enhanced the structure to celebrate his becoming 1st Marquis of Huntly in 1599.